Based on a true story. We’re not kidding.
Friday, June 15, 2018 (Nationwide)
language throughout, crude sexual content, drug use and brief nudityRESTRICTED
Plot: What’s the story about?
One month every year, five highly competitive friends hit the ground running in a no-holds-barred game of tag they’ve been playing since the first grade—risking their necks, their jobs and their relationships to take each other down with the battle cry “You’re It!” This year, the game coincides with the wedding of their only undefeated player, which should finally make him an easy target. But he knows they’re coming…and he’s ready. Based on a true story, “Tag” shows how far some guys will go to be the last man standing.
verbatim plot from warnerbros.com
3.95 / 5 stars (21 users)
Poll: Will you see Tag?
Who stars in Tag: Cast List
Daddy’s Home, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
Scoob!, Rio 2
The Secret Life of Pets, The Secret Life of Pets 2
Untitled Bourne Movie 5 Project, The Bourne Legacy 2
The Silencing, Malignant
The Social Network, The Big Year
Confess, Fletch, Top Gun: Maverick
Running With the Devil, The Lost Husband
Everyone’s Hero, 10th and Wolf
Who’s making Tag: Crew List
A look at the Tag behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film’s director Jeff Tomsic last directed Spy Guys. The film’s writer Mark Steilen last wrote Time Share.
Watch: Tag Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Tag?
- Jon Hamm will play an overachiever, both in high school and in life, who is now a successful businessman (Hollywood Reporter, 6/8/17).
- Based on the Wall Street Journal article entitled “It Takes Planning, Caution to Avoid Being It.”
- July 2018: The film was in Completed status.
- March 2018: The film was in Post-Production status.
- May 2017: The film was in Production status.
Set to begin shooting late June 2017 in Atlanta.
- August 2016: The film was in Pre-Production status.
Approved for California Tax Credit program as a result assumed to be moving forward towards production.
- April 2013: The film was in Development status.
Will Ferrell and Jack Black are now attached to star in the film, which is based on a recent Wall Street Journal article.
- February 2013: The film was in Announced status.
Producer Todd Garner secured life rights to the group.
Tag Release Date: When was the film released?
Tag was released in 2018 on Friday, June 15, 2018 (Nationwide release). There were 6 other movies released on the same date, including The Incredibles 2, Gotti and The Yellow Birds.
Released; Now Playing Get Showtimes Buy Tickets